Are you getting ready for what God has ready for you?
God is preparing you for the next step!
Pastor Dominique Palestis shares her testimony of finding herself in a difficult situation in life, but stayed connected, serving in music ministry leading youth choirs, and then later seeing God open the door for her to become Worship Pastor of Christian Life Center, a great multi-cultural church in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Dominique shares her insight on how their church transitioned Senior Pastors and ways that she navigated new vision and a change in direction.
Response to being moved into her new role as Worship Pastor…
“God, if YOU will be the music pastor, I will be with You…You tell me what to do and I will do it!”
1. Recognize that you need training and equip yourself
2. If you feel like you are “over your head”; rest in the fact that God knows what He is doing. If He places you somewhere, He will give what you need.
3. Work hard at developing your craft.
When there is a transition at the Senior Pastor position:
1. Know that you are there to facilitate the Senior Pastor’s vision; not your own
2. Don’t get set in your ways and hold back progress
3. Be open to change
4. Be intentional about understanding your new pastor’s focus and direction
5. Build a relationship of trust with the Sr. Pastor and his wife
6. Don’t take things personally…it’s not about you!
7. Don’t let your feelings or insecurities hinder what God wants to do
Relentless Conference: June 20-23, 2013 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL